The Pennsylvania Consolidated Waiver is designed to help Pennsylvanians with intellectual disabilities live more independently in their homes and communities, providing a variety of services which promote community living. Guardian Home Care can provide these services through the traditional agency model; in Lackawanna and Susquehanna counties, Guardian Home Care is an approved Agency with Choice provider for the Consolidated Waiver.
- Be age three and older
- Individuals with an Intellectual Disability or Autism (individuals with a developmental disability with a high probability of resulting in an intellectual disability or autism are eligible from age 0 through 8)
- Require active treatment
- Be recommended for an intermediate care facility level of care based on a medical evaluation
- Determined eligible for Medical Assistance (MA)
- $2,000 resource limit (does not apply to dependent children under age 21)
- Income limit 300% of the Federal Benefit Rate
Services that can be provided by Guardian Home Care include:
- Assistive technology
- Behavior support
- Home accessibility adaptations
- Home and community habilitation (unlicensed)
- Specialized supplies
- Therapy (physical, occupational, behavioral and speech/language)
Note: The list of eligibility criteria and services may change when waiver amendments or waiver renewals are approved by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). Please, visit the Department of Public Welfare’s website for a current list of all services provided through this waiver.